1/3 Photos of Thai Eggplant Sandwich
1 hr 5 mins
Tangy and sweet, who couldn't resist?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 eggplant, large
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup golden raisin, chopped coarsly
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 9 tablespoons chevre cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- 18 basil leaves, plus
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, slivered for garnish
- 6 large tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2For the eggplant spread, pierce the eggplant in several places with the tines of a fork. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Unwrap the eggplant, let cook slightly, and cut it in half. Scoop the cooked pulp onto a cutting board, discarding as many seeds as possible. Coarsely chop the eggplant and plant it in a mixing bowl. Add the basil leaves, lemon zest, oil, and raisins. Combine well. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3In another bowl, mix the chevre with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Preheat the broiler.
- 5Assemble the sandwiches. Divide the eggplant spread evenly atop the slices of toasted peasant bread. Cover evenly with the whole basil leaves. Spread the chevre mixture over the basil leaves and top each sandwich with a tomato slice. Brush the tomatoes with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat source until the tomato just starts to brown, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle the tops with the slivered basil and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Eggplant Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.8
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 182.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: