Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe based on my favorite dish at a local Thai restaurant. Uses a basic stir fry sauce with chicken and a variety of vegetables.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts
- 8 ounces rice noodles (spaghetti can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 large red pepper
- 1⁄2 large green pepper
- 1 cup mixed mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 -3 fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook noodles and set aside. Add a small amount of peanut oil to keep from sticking.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the garlic and brown lightly.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add onions, pepper, mushrooms, and broccoli. Stir fry lightly for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add noodles and stir.
- Add lime juice, chili sauce, soy sauce, pepper flakes, basil, brown sugar, and salt.
- Stir continuously until noodles are firm but tender.
Wow, this was so good. I normally don't even like Cilantro, however this dish really made it work. Easy to throw together and it lent itself well to additional veggies. Thanks for a great dinner.