Recipe by Mindi Bunch
This recipe is from atasteofthai.com Haven't tried it yet, but it's on my list of things to cook. The site claims this is the Thai cure for a hangover.
Top Review by Green.Chef
Wow, what a great recipe! I made a few substitutes based on what I had in my kitchen, but it was delicious. I used honey instead of brown sugar, about 1 Tablespoon. I also cooked lasagna noodles and sliced them crossways before tossing them with the veggies and sauce (weird, I know, but I needed to use those noodles up). Finally, I added about 1/4 cup of the cooking water from the pasta when I added the pasta. Fabulous--a definite keeper!
- 0.5 (8 ounce) box wide rice noodles
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cleaned and cut green beans
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak noodles according to directions for stir-fry; drain.
- In a large skillet or wok heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and stir-fry until light brown. Add onions, tomatoes, red bell pepper and green beans; continue to stir-fry over medium heat 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in noodles. Add lime juice, garlic chili pepper sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and salt stirring continuously until noodles are firm but tender.