Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my closest attempt at recreating our favorite Thai dish. The key is the fresh wide rice noodles that can only be found at an asian market.
- 2 (1 lb) packagesfresh Thai rice noodles (if these cannot be found you can use 1 pound dry rice noodles)
- 1⁄2 medium onion (sliced)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 1 large green bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 large tomatoes (cut into chunks)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
- fresh basil (approx. 3 stems)
- 6 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (Sambal Oelek)
- Heat a wok with several tablespoons of cooking oil. Seperate rice noodles and stir fry noodles until they soften.
- When oil is absorbed add a few tablespoons of soy sauce and finish cooking.
- Remove noodles from heat, place noodles on a plate and keep them in a warm oven.
- Add a few more tablespoons of cooking oil to the skillet and stir fry onions, garlic, green onions, peppers and basil until softened slightly.
- Add chicken and cook until slightly browned.
- Combine all ingredients for sauce in a medium sized bowl and whisk everything together,.
- Add noodles and sauce to skillet.
- Stir fry for several minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
We enjoyed this dish very much. We used tofu instead of chicken, and our veggies included red bell pepper, onion, carrot, and zucchini. We used 14 oz of 3mm rice sticks, which we boiled for 5 min and then stir-fried briefly. The amount of sauce seemed like you could have even more, as the noodles soaked everything up. We will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
My DH and I loved these Noo Noo Noodelos! What a great combo of flavors in the sauce. We will have this again!