This is my closest attempt at recreating our favorite Thai dish. The key is the fresh wide rice noodles that can only be found at an asian market.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1 lb) packages fresh Thai rice noodles (if these cannot be found you can use 1 pound dry rice noodles)
- 1/2 medium onion (sliced)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 1 large green bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 large tomatoes (cut into chunks)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
- fresh basil (approx. 3 stems)
- 1Heat a wok with several tablespoons of cooking oil. Seperate rice noodles and stir fry noodles until they soften.
- 2When oil is absorbed add a few tablespoons of soy sauce and finish cooking.
- 3Remove noodles from heat, place noodles on a plate and keep them in a warm oven.
- 4Add a few more tablespoons of cooking oil to the skillet and stir fry onions, garlic, green onions, peppers and basil until softened slightly.
- 5Add chicken and cook until slightly browned.
- 6Combine all ingredients for sauce in a medium sized bowl and whisk everything together,.
- 7Add noodles and sauce to skillet.
- 8Stir fry for several minutes.
- 9Remove from heat and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Drunken Master Noodles (Pad Kee Mow)
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1053.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 2322.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 212.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 25.8 g