Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dragons are a mythical creature, but the fire that comes from them is not.
- 1 1⁄2 cups seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 tablespoon spicy hot chili sauce (sambal oelek)
- 3 -5 Thai chiles or 3 -5 other hot red chili peppers, seeded and minced
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve chilled.
- Serving suggestion: goes well with soft spring rolls, crispy spring rolls, and chilled steamed shrimp.
This took a bit of time to prepare, as there is a lot of chopping to do, but it is totally worth it. I used sorriento peppers, as no red chili peppers were available in this area. Everyone loved it. I served it with yucca chips, and it was gone before I knew it! Lovely recipe, very refreshing flavor. Not really that spicy - next time I will add more peppers (or just use the right kind!) Thanks for another great recipe, Sue.
Awesome recipe! I put it in a blender and serve with tortilla chips. I always get rave reviews!