Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is very tasty and low fat dipping sauce - use this as a dip for a variety of appetizers or as a sauce to go with stir fry.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grate
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, whisking all the while until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Made this tonight in about two minutes flat, it is now my new favourite dipping sauce. This sauce would be so versatile, chicken strips in batter, vege rolls and sprinkled over rice. The dipping sauce I have always used had fish sauce in it, which can be a bit pongy on the nose. This is great, thanks.
I served this along with several other sauce for Super Bowl with spring rolls. It wa very good and worked well with the hot mustard. I followed directions exactly.
Great tasting sauce, and easy to prepare. Used with eggroll recipe (#72124) - a perfect companion recipe. Will make again - Mahalo for a wonderful addition to my recipe box!