Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my base for some of my Thai inspired sauces. It is a basic chili -garlic relish. This year I have grown a Thai Red Demon pepper plant; hot. I also grow Korean Red Garlic; hot. What a delightful combination. I also use this basic recipe to make Serrano Relish, Jalapeno Relish, and other hot pepper relishes. I use complimentary vinegars to suit the pepper, reserving the Rice Vinegar for my Thai Red Demons...
- 1 cup hot pepper (Thai Red Demon)
- 1 head of garlic (Korean Red)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar (enough to cover peppers and garlic)
- Rinse, stem and mince peppers.
- Mince garlic cloves.
- Add salt and mix well, cover with vinegar.
- Store in sterile jar in refrigerator, will keep as long as a year.