Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This spicy burger recipe is far from the norm but defintely worth a try. you can find thai curry paste in the Asian section of your supermarket. red or green either one is fine
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons Thai curry paste
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium lime
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Prepare a medium gas or charcoal grill fire.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix the turkey, curry paste, and 1/4 teaspoons each salt and pepper with your hands just until blended. Form the mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Oil the grill grate. Grill the burgers, flipping once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centers of the burgers registers 165°F, 12 to 15 minutes total.
- While the burgers cook, finely grate 1 teaspoons zest from the lime, then squeeze the lime to yield 1 Tbs. juice. In a small bowl, combine the zest and juice, mayonnaise, and 1/4 teaspoons salt. In another small bowl, toss the cucumber with the cilantro, shallot, and vinegar.
- Toast the buns cut side down on the grill until browned and heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread the tops and bottoms of the buns with the mayonnaise. Serve the burgers in the buns, topped with a slice of tomato and the cucumber mixture.