1/1 Photo of Thai Curry Penne with Ginger -Tomato Chutney
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is from Ponti Seafood Grill in Seattle. I was thrilled to find it at Epicurious, because since my husband needs gluten-free, I can make this favorite at home using the right ingredients. I didn't change a thing on this recipe, but we like ours hot! Time includes time for the chutney.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and cored,and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup dry marsala
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 1/2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 lb penne pasta
- 1/2 lb crabmeat, flaked
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ginger-tomato chutney (can be made ahead; see separate recipe)
- 1Melt butter in heavy, large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion, apple, and garlic; saute' until onion is soft, about 6 minutes.
- 3Stir in curry powder.
- 4Add Marsala.
- 5Boil until liquid is slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add stock, fish sauce, and curry paste.
- 7Simmer until liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- 8Add coconut milk; simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until tender but still firm to bite.
- 10Drain well.
- 11Return pasta to pot.
- 12Pour sauce over pasta.
- 13Stir in crabmeat.
- 14Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 15Transfer pasta to large bowl.
- 16Sprinkle with basil.
- 17Serve with chutney.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Curry Penne with Ginger -Tomato Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.1
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.8 mg
- Sodium 862.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste