Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an intensely flavored spice blend that goes well in any curry dish. Toss some curry paste with steamed veggies and serve them on rice. Tightly sealed and refrigerated, this will keep for at least a week, and it may also be frozen for extended storage.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup basil or 1⁄4 cup Thai basil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemons, rind of or 1 tablespoon lime peel or 1 tablespoon minced tender inner stalk fresh lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 -2 fresh red chilies or 1 -2 green chili, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all of the curry paste ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until quite smooth.
Spicey and delicious. Made this for my heat loving boys. Made for ZWT9 for Hot Stuff.
Delicious paste. I added a generous spoon of it to an eggplant dip, before I even got round to making the curry. I used basil, lemon rind, lemon juice and 2 green chilies -- and wished I had left in more seeds for some heat. I used this in Green Pork Curry, and have some leftover for another batch of dip.
This was great! I was only making thai curry for me, so made half quantities, and didn't quite use it all. I'm a bit of a chilli fiend though, so still used two red birds eye chilli's.