Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from a local paper in my city.
- 12 ounces rice stick noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 14 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook noodles in lightly salted water for 5 minutes.
- Drain & keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots, stir fry for 3 minutes, add mushrooms, pepper and scallions. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Add coconut milk, curry paste and sugar. Reduce heat and stir to combine. Add chicken (optional) lime juice and pasta. Heat through. Remove from heat, add peanuts & cilantro. Toss gently to mix. Serve immediately.