1/2 Photos of Thai Curry Mussels
This recipe comes the The Santa Fe Cafe in Seattle. You can make this dish as spicy as you like, or mild if you prefer, and it's still good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste (more if you like)
- 7 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- 2Add the tomatoes, garlic and ginger, sauteeing until garlic is tender, about 2 minutes.
- 3Pour in the coconut milk, then the curry paste, 4T chopped cilantro and the salt.
- 4Simmer for just 4 minutes to blend the flavors.
- 5Add mussels.
- 6Cover and cook about 5 minutes until the mussels are opened.
- 7Remember to discard any mussels that are not opened!
- 8Place broth and mussels in soup bowls-- 6 first course or 4 main course.
- 9Serve with crusty bread to dunk in the delicious broth.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Curry Mussels
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 807.7
- Calories from Fat 555
- Total Fat 61.6 g
- Saturated Fat 46.3 g
- Cholesterol 126.0 mg
- Sodium 1689.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 45.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste