Recipe by WiGal
Chunks of chicken breast and sliced onions are sauteed in flavorful Thai green curry paste, then cooked in a creamy sauce made with cream cheese, sweet potato, and sliced bell peppers. The first time I made this with 3 tablespoons green curry paste, but that might be a bit too hot.
Top Review by Andrea in AK
I really enjoyed this dish. I doubled the sauce because I had more chicken than called for, and should have doubled the veggies too. It had a nice blend of spiciness and creaminess. I will surely make it again, but add more veggies and use fresh basil instead of dried. Thanks!
- 1 sweet potato
- 4.92 ml water
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml green curry paste, taste test later
- 453.59 g chicken breast, boneless and skinless cut into BITE sized pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips then cut crosswise in half
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips then cut crosswise in half
- 113.39 g low-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 118.29 ml skim milk
- 0.59 ml black pepper (to taste)
- 9.85 ml fish sauce (to taste)
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 22.18 ml dried basil or 59.14 ml fresh basil
- 946.36 ml cooked long-grain rice
- 29.58 ml dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the sweet potato, microwave for 2 minutes -to soften it up; peel, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, put cubes into steamer bag, add 1 teaspoon water, microwave for 3 minutes; and set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste until well blended.
- Add chicken, onions, and garlic; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is slightly rare inside.
- Stir in red and yellow peppers and sweet potato; cook 4 minutes or until peppers are crisp tender and sweet potato is done.
- Add cream cheese, milk, pepper, fish sauce, brown sugar, and basil; cook until cream cheese is melted and evenly coats chicken and vegetables, stirring frequently.
- Taste and make adjustments.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish with peanuts.