Chunks of chicken breast and sliced onions are sauteed in flavorful Thai green curry paste, then cooked in a creamy sauce made with cream cheese, sweet potato, and sliced bell peppers. The first time I made this with 3 tablespoons green curry paste, but that might be a bit too hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste, taste test later
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless cut into BITE sized pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips then cut crosswise in half
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips then cut crosswise in half
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil or 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Wash the sweet potato, microwave for 2 minutes -to soften it up; peel, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, put cubes into steamer bag, add 1 teaspoon water, microwave for 3 minutes; and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in curry paste until well blended.
- 4Add chicken, onions, and garlic; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is slightly rare inside.
- 5Stir in red and yellow peppers and sweet potato; cook 4 minutes or until peppers are crisp tender and sweet potato is done.
- 6Add cream cheese, milk, pepper, fish sauce, brown sugar, and basil; cook until cream cheese is melted and evenly coats chicken and vegetables, stirring frequently.
- 7Taste and make adjustments.
- 8Serve over rice.
- 9Garnish with peanuts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Curry Chicken With Sweet Potato
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 757.7
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.8 mg
- Sodium 688.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste