Recipe by Jewelies
You will need 4 single serve oven proof bowls or pie dishes for this recipe.
Top Review by Sweet Sami
The curry filling for these pot pies was wonderful. Full of flavor and really good overall. I did have some trouble with my puff pastry though. I didn't have single serve oven proof bowls so I baked this in a regular pie plate. I took the dish out of the oven when the top was golden brown and well the underside of the puff pastry was doughy and soggy..so we aren't sure if it didn't cook thru because I didn't poke holes in the top(not sure if I was supposed to or not) or if the moisture from the curry made the puff pastry soggy (also b/c I didn't poke holes).... Overall this was a very good dish, and I am going to try to solve my doughy/soggy puff pastry prob, but in the mean time we will continue to make the curry filling by itself.
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 800 g chicken breasts, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 green onions, finely sliced
- 150 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons thai green curry paste
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 lime, grated and juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Toss chicken in flour then shake off excess.
- Heat oil in large skillet on high and cook chicken in batches for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
- Add the green onion and mushrooms, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the curry paste and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add coconut cream, kaffir lime leaves, peas, lime juice and rind, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove lime leaves and stir in coriander.
- Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Lay pastry out on a work surface and cut two 1cm strips from sides of each sheet.
- Place one of the pie dishes upside down on the pastry sheet and cut out 4 circles, 1cm larger than the rim of the dish or bowl.
- Divide curry mixture between the pie dishes.
- Press a pastry strip around each rim and brush with water.
- Carefully lift pastry lids over top and press firmly around edges to seal well, trim edges with a sharp knife.
- Brush pie tops with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.