Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have been on the look-out for a Thai Curry Chicken recipe since we cannot go to a Thai restaurant due to nut allergies in our home, so I came up with this one. We love this dish. We don't make it very spicy but you certainly can by increasing the red curry paste. My son loved it and especially loved the bamboo shoots. Enjoy.
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red curry paste (or yellow or green)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (8 ounce) canstrip bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into long strips
- vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 large basil leaves, chopped
- rice, for 4 servings (we like Jasmine Rice)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Brown the chicken over medium heat. Remove from pan. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and curry paste, cook, stirring for a minute. Add coconut milk, sugar, and salt, then bring to a boil. Add bamboo, cover, then reduce heat to medium and simmer about 12 minutes. While the curry simmers, cook the rice.
- Add the chicken and bell pepper to the curry, cover and cook for about 8 minutes. Turn off heat. Stir in lemon juice and basil.
Easy Recipe to follow. My dish did not have much taste for being curry chicken. I would suggest putting at least 1.5-2 cups of curry paste.