1/1 Photo of Thai Curried Noodle - Gueyteow Kak
This recipe starts off with beef cubes but you can use any leftover meat you may have too such as roast beef, grilled chicken, roast chicken, leftover pork etc for ease of preparation. In my recipe photo I used leftover roast beef. You can use less red curry paste if you do not care for too hot of soup. The recipe calls for 2 tsp red curry paste, but you can use only 1 tsp. If you cannot find rice flour noodle easily, you can substitute udon type noodles too. Right before serving I like to throw in sliced greens such as mizuna, lettuce, etc for texture and taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces beef sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes (or julienne 1 1/2 inch long)
- 1 egg, hard boiled
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided use
- 4 ounces tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes (firm)
- 1 shallots, finely chopped or 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 ounces rice noodles, medium sized (Sen Lek)
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, roasted and crushed
- 2 lime wedges
- cilantro leaf (to garnish) (optional)
- 1If using raw beef, put beef in a small pan and cover with water and bring to a boil. Simmer gently for 10 minutes and set aside. If using leftover meat, skip this part.
- 2Soak rice flour noodle for 20 minutes in water and drain. Boil water in a pot. Put the noodles in a sieve or strainer and dip them into the boiling water for 2 to 3 seconds only and drain. Divide into two serving bowls.
- 3Cut the eggs into quarters and set aside.
- 4In a small frying pan heat 1 T of oil and fry the sliced tofu until slightly browned. Drain and set aside.
- 5Add 1 T oil in the same frying pan fry the shallot or red onion until dark golden brown and crisp. Set aside.
- 6In the same frying pan, add 2 T of oil and add garlic and fry until lightly brown. Stir in the curry paste, coconut milk, curry powder, fish sauce sugar, tofu, and beef cubes or any other leftover meat you may want to use. Stir and simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
- 7Divide the soup between two bowls over the noodle. Arrange quartered eggs evenly and top with reserved fried shallots or red onion, roasted and crushed peanuts, lime wedge and sprinkle of cilantro for garnish.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Curried Noodle - Gueyteow Kak
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.4
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 135.5 mg
- Sodium 843.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste