Recipe by kjshay
This is from "Just Cook This" on Discovery Channel. A great, easy marinade/sauce that comes together in a few minutes, and really gives chicken a spicy, limey and coconutty flavor you always look for in Thai food. Seve with white rice and top with chopped peanuts and cilantro.
Top Review by LizzieRose
This was really easy and tasty. Its nice because I can make something for everyone. I grilled plain chicken for the kids, and the rest for my husband and I. I got lots of sauce and my husband none so it works really well.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons asian chili paste
- 1 lime
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim chicken of any extra fat. Zest and juice the lime. In a large bowl, combine coconut milk, cumin, curry, chili paste, lime zest and juice, mix well.
- Reserve about 1/3 of the sauce for after, but add the chicken to the rest. Mix well, cover and marinate—anywhere from 15 minutes to overnight.
- Heat bbq or grill pan and cook chicken on both side until cooked though—those cool grill marks are perfect here. While the chcken cooks, simmer the extra sauce in a small pot to thicken.
- Slice into strips, serve on top of rice with a little extra sauce and a sprinkle of cilantro.