Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from "Just Cook This" on Discovery Channel. A great, easy marinade/sauce that comes together in a few minutes, and really gives chicken a spicy, limey and coconutty flavor you always look for in Thai food. Seve with white rice and top with chopped peanuts and cilantro.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons asian chili paste
- 1 lime
- Trim chicken of any extra fat. Zest and juice the lime. In a large bowl, combine coconut milk, cumin, curry, chili paste, lime zest and juice, mix well.
- Reserve about 1/3 of the sauce for after, but add the chicken to the rest. Mix well, cover and marinate—anywhere from 15 minutes to overnight.
- Heat bbq or grill pan and cook chicken on both side until cooked though—those cool grill marks are perfect here. While the chcken cooks, simmer the extra sauce in a small pot to thicken.
- Slice into strips, serve on top of rice with a little extra sauce and a sprinkle of cilantro.
This was really easy and tasty. Its nice because I can make something for everyone. I grilled plain chicken for the kids, and the rest for my husband and I. I got lots of sauce and my husband none so it works really well.