1/1 Photo of Thai Cucumber Salad
1 hr 20 mins
This is a spicy, refreshing salad that's perfect served on a hot summer evening with garden-fresh veggies. It's easiest to use a mandoline to slice the veggies, but a sharp knife and patience will do quite well, also!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2-1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1Whisk the first 7 ingredients (lime juice through jalapeno) in a large bowl.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Trim the ends from the cucumber.
- 4Split lengthwise in half.
- 5Slice very thinly.
- 6Toss into the dressing.
- 7Halve the red pepper vertically, core and remove seeds and white membranes.
- 8Slice the pepper, horizontally, into very thin strips.
- 9Add to the dressing and toss.
- 10Peel the carrot and trim off ends.
- 11Slice diagonally into very thin slices.
- 12Add to the rest of the salad.
- 13Peel the onion and cut in half horizontally.
- 14Then slice vertically into very thin strips.
- 15Add these to the bowl and toss everything together until well mixed.
- 16Set aside for at least one hour, stirring occasionally (this can be marinated for up to 8 hours, but refrigerate if marinating for longer than 2 hours).
- 17Transfer to a serving bowl.
- 18Sprinkle cilantro (if used) and peanuts over top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 129.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar