1/3 Photos of Thai Cucumber Salad
1 hr 15 mins
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
My husband made this one, and I like it even better than the one posted I posted some time back. From grouprecipes.com with slight revisions. Cook time includes cooking and marination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar, sub. splenda
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar, sub red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or 1 tablespoon thai chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 English cucumber, unpeeled slice thin
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts, garnish, I rarely use it (optional)
- 1In a saucepan: combine sugar, vinegar, water, chili pepper sauce and salt. Stir, cook over low-medium heat until sugar dissolved.
- 2Pour warm mixture over prepared cucumbers, onions and cilantro.
- 3Refrigerate until ready to eat. At least one hour cooling is best. Longer works too.
- 4Just before serving, sprinkle with additional cilantro & peanuts if using.
- 5I doubled the amount of cucumber but did not double the vinegar - sugar marinade.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 584.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar