Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Our neighbor got this recipe from his fave Thai restaurant. It is so light and refreshing and perfect to serve as a side dish with any Asian dinner. Be sure to use a dried chili pepper to add some heat.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 small cucumbers, seedless, peel on, cut into fourths lengthwise, then slices
- shallot, peeled and slice thin
- 1 Thai red chili pepper, dried chili pepper, cut into small strips, adds heat
- In a small pan over medium heat, bring mixture of water, sugar, vinegar, and salt to a boil. Set aside to cool.
- Pour over cukes, shallots and chili pepper. Serve.
This is wonderful. Very crisp! The heat in it was perfect.
This lunch was light, crisp, and refreshing. I didn't have the proper red chile on hand and used thin slices of an orange bell pepper. I know that this reduced the heat of the recipe greatly, but it was still good.