Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a refreshing sweet/sour cucumber salad. Great on a hot day and very good with asian dishes.
- 59.14 ml rice vinegar (seasoned or unseasoned)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 1 large cucumber
- 0.25 ml dried red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Combine rice vinegar, sugar and red pepper flakes in medium bowl; mix well.
- Peel cucumber and cut in half lengthwise; scrape out and discard seeds. Cut into thin slices.
- Place sliced cucumbers in bowl with vinegar mixture.
- Cover, refrigerate overnight.
- Season to taste with salt before serving.
Simple and very delicious. I reduced the sugar by a third and found the sweetness just right for me.