Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Good Housekeeping. Sound great and so easy!
Make and share this Thai Cucumber Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- 1 seedless cucumber, unpeeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon sliced basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- In serving bowl, whisk togethe lime juice, sugar, crushed red pepper and salt (about 1/4 teaspoon).
- Just before serving, add cucmber, chives, basil, and cilantro, stir to combine. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.
This was spicy! Too much for me but the guests at the BBQ loved it. I used thai basil and it made a big difference, giving a little licorice flavor.
I really liked this refreshing salad. I made a few changes: I added a tablespoon of rice wine vinegar, and I left out the chives, cilantro, and peanuts (didn't have any of those on hand). It was crispy and delicious--a wonderful accompaniment to a spicy Thai dish.
Made for ZWT. I used regular cukes, but seeded it otherwise made as recipe instructed. Next time I'll omit the peanuts, I tasted the salad before adding the peanuts and liked it better. Thanks for a nice crisp and spicy salad.