Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pineapples were on sale this weekend, and while looking for a recipe to use it, I ran across this one posted on the Closet Cooking blog. It's slightly modified from the posted version. A great refreshing summertime salad.
- 1⁄2 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar, grated or 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 birds eye chili, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, roasted and chopped
- Mix the pineapple, cucumber, green onions, cilantro and mint in a large bowl.
- Mix the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chili in a small bowl.
- Toss the dressing into the salad and stir lightly to coat.
- Serve garnished with chopped roasted peanuts.
Oh man - perfect! Really.
OUTSTANDING!! The combination of flavors works so well! I used less than half of the pineapple. I think 1 whole cucumber/half pineapple is a better proportion. Otherwise, it's perfect! Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers!