Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pineapples were on sale this weekend, and while looking for a recipe to use it, I ran across this one posted on the Closet Cooking blog. It's slightly modified from the posted version. A great refreshing summertime salad.
- 1⁄2 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar, grated or 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 birds eye chili, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, roasted and chopped
- Mix the pineapple, cucumber, green onions, cilantro and mint in a large bowl.
- Mix the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chili in a small bowl.
- Toss the dressing into the salad and stir lightly to coat.
- Serve garnished with chopped roasted peanuts.
Wow! We loved this refreshing salad. The chili pepper gave it so much kick and the pineapple, cucumber and herbs were a great combination. Thank you so much!
WOWZA! The flavors in this most vibrant salad are clean and each bite just entices your taste buds to want more. I love the fact that it is healthy too. This one for sure will be made again and again. Thank you PanNan for sharing such a good one.
Wow, I`d like to give you 10 stars. This was wonderful. So much flavor and spice. I loved it. Easily my favorite dish of the Quest so far. Kudos on making it into my Favorites Cookbook for 2016 PanNan. Happily made for CQ3 - Thailand & Indonesia.