This is a very refreshing salad than can be used as a relish also. One of my kids favourite dinners is salad, corn fritters and this recipe as a relish on the fritters. It is a lovely combination of flavours and well worth the draining time for the cucumbers. Chilling time is not included in preparation and cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium telegraph cucumbers, peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (not olive oil)
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons limes or 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 1Shred or finely chop cucumbers.
- 2Leave to drain in a sieve for half an hour.
- 3Squeeze drained cucumber to remove excess moisture and dry between paper towels.
- 4Saute onions and peantus in oil for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Mix vinegar, juice, zest, fish sauce and sugar.
- 6Stir to dissolve.
- 7Now mix all the ingredients together.
- 8Extra fish sauce or palm sugar may be added if desired.
- 9Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Cucumber and Peanut Salad/relish
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.5
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 127.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: