Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very refreshing salad than can be used as a relish also. One of my kids favourite dinners is salad, corn fritters and this recipe as a relish on the fritters. It is a lovely combination of flavours and well worth the draining time for the cucumbers. Chilling time is not included in preparation and cooking time.
- 2 medium telegraph cucumbers, peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (not olive oil)
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons limes or 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- Shred or finely chop cucumbers.
- Leave to drain in a sieve for half an hour.
- Squeeze drained cucumber to remove excess moisture and dry between paper towels.
- Saute onions and peantus in oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix vinegar, juice, zest, fish sauce and sugar.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Now mix all the ingredients together.
- Extra fish sauce or palm sugar may be added if desired.
- Serve chilled.