Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
loved the crispy rice at Silk Thai in Huntington Beach CA, this is what i make for my family at home
- 1 -2 cup leftover rice
- 1 -2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 chicken breast, ground in food processor
- 2 -3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 -4 green onions, cut in thin rings
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced
- gingerroot, 3 inch piece, slivered or grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 1-2 cup(s) steamed rice, mixed with 1-2 TB red curry paste (and a bit of flour) – allow to dry out a bit or bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Heat skillet very hot with 1 TB oil, add rice allowing to puff and jump, set aside and cook ground chicken in same skillet.
- Add 2 TB fish sauce (or to taste).
- add 3 TB fresh lime juice (or to taste).
- Add: 3 inch piece peeled, slivered ginger, ½ cup sliced green onion, ½ red onion slivered, and ½ bunch cilantro chopped.
- Serve on romaine lettuce leaves with red bell pepper garnish.
I LOVE the Crispy Rice at Silk Thai, also! It was wonderful to find this recipe and attempt to replicate the experience. The recipe is very close. I added some Thai chilies, because we like spicy food, also, made the mistake of not allowing the rice/chicken breast mixture to cool before adding the remaining ingredients. Overall the flavor was wonderful, the rice was no longer crispy (my mistake). I will be making this again, with the change I mentioned previously. Great job on duplicating the recipe! Thank you.