Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thailand meets Italy in a fusion of fabulous flavours in this mouth-watering crab risotto.
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 10 ounces arborio rice
- 7 tablespoons white wine
- 2 green chili peppers, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons thai green curry paste (or to taste)
- 1 stick lemongrass, crushed
- 2 fresh lime leaves (or 1 tsp lime zest)
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock, hot
- 1 1⁄4 cups fish stock, hot
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- 1⁄2 ounce flat leaf parsley, and cilantro, chopped and mixed
- 1 lb white crab meat
- 3 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt the butter in a deep frying pan and add the garlic and shallots. Fry for one minute.
- Add the rice and then the wine.
- Stir in the chopped green chili peppers, curry paste, crushed lemon grass and lime leaves or zest.
- Mix together the hot chicken stock and fish stock. Add a ladle full of the stock to the rice and stir until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Continue adding the stock, a ladle full at a time until all the stock has been absorbed. This should take about 13 to 15 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked remove the lemon grass, add the mascarpone and the chopped herbs.
- Add the crabmeat and Parmesan.
- Add the cream and lime juice and season well.
- Spoon onto warmed plates and serve with chili oil (optional) and extra Parmesan.