Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
These little shallow fried cakes are packed full of flavour. Taken from a little book of Soups and Starters.
- 7 ounces easy cook basmati rice
- 3⁄4 pint chicken stock
- 7 ounces crabmeat
- 4 ounces cod, skinned and minced
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 medium egg
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- Cook rice in chicken stock, covered, until absorbed.
- In the blender, whiz together crabmeat, cod, spring onions, lemongrass, chilies, ginger, coriander, flour and egg.
- Add rice and season, whiz quickly.
- Dampen hands and divide mixture into 12 cakes, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Fry in oil for 3-5 minutes each side.
- Serve immediately with Salad and Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce.