Gina, Dundee, Scotland's Note:
These little shallow fried cakes are packed full of flavour. Taken from a little book of Soups and Starters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces easy cook basmati rice
- 3/4 pint chicken stock
- 7 ounces crabmeat
- 4 ounces cod, skinned and minced
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 medium egg
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1Cook rice in chicken stock, covered, until absorbed.
- 2In the blender, whiz together crabmeat, cod, spring onions, lemongrass, chilies, ginger, coriander, flour and egg.
- 3Add rice and season, whiz quickly.
- 4Dampen hands and divide mixture into 12 cakes, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- 5Fry in oil for 3-5 minutes each side.
- 6Serve immediately with Salad and Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Crab Cakes Starter
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.3
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 582.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: