Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Zeasty and truly Thai fish recipe
- 500 g fish (any white meat fish)
- 5 shallots
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 2 coriander sprigs
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon rice, roasted & pounded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 500gr Fish slices fried to crispy golden color, let rest.
- fry to golden color 5 shallots and 5 large garlic cloves, let rest.
- chop 2 shallots, 2 large garlic cloves, 2 coriander springs and 2 green onions
- mix 2 tbls fish sauce, 2 tbls lime juice, 1 tbls sugar, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tbsl roasted & pounded rice .
- mix 3 and 4.
- 2 boiled eggs, cut into quarters.
- on a plate arrange fish, boiled eggs, add fried onions, garlic, pour the herbs. garnish with mint and roasted dry chilli.
Beautifully simple, wonderfully tasty. I made this basically the same as the recipe except for using a fresh chilly on place of the chilly powder and rocket lettuce instead of the mint, as I thought the mint might be a bit over powering. Will certainly be doing this again.
thanks for sharing this recipe. I went for a thai cooking class recently and was not impressed with the results. The instructions were confusing too. Your recipe however is easy and delicious and best of all free! LOL. Hope you will continue to share more recipes with us.
I made some changes to it. I didn't have any fresh coriander/cilantro, so I used some dried leaves instead. I couldn't find any shallots at the market either so I just used regular onions. I also couldn't get the rice powder either. I prepared the rest the same way. Everyone who tried it said it was the best fish they ever had! I also pan fried the fish and added some pepper to the fish and garlic. One day I will try to follow the recipe a little more closely, but it still came out really good I think. Thanks!