Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great side salad for curry turkey burgers that I also posted.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- In a bowl mix red pepper flakes, garlic, rice vinegar, sugar, tamari, and olive oil until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least fifteen minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine coleslaw mix, cucumber, green onions, and basil.
- Just before serving cover salad with dressing and toss to combine.
Nice change from regular cole slaw! The cucumbers are a great addition. I used broccoli slaw (half the bag). Thanks Heidi, for posting- Roxygirl
A great alternative to the traditional mayo laden coleslaw. I didn't have any basil so used fresh oregano, which worked out well. Thanks for sharing!
I really liked the slaw. I thought I had fresh basil but I didn't so I substituted with fresh mint. It turned out delicious. Thank you Heidi.