I plan on making this with the Baked Pork Spring Rolls when I get a chance. It looks yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 pieces galangal, thinly sliced, 1 inch each
- 6 stalks lemongrass, bruised and chopped
- 15 kaffir lime leaves, torn in half
- 1 1/2 lbs shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce, plus
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- 1Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- 2Boil the shrimp until cooked, about one minute.
- 3Drain shrimp, and set aside.
- 4Pour the coconut milk and 2 cups of water in a large saucepan; bring to a simmer.
- 5Add the galangal, lemon grass, and lime leaves; simmer for 10 minutes, or until the flavors are infused.
- 6Strain the coconut milk into a new pan and discard the spices.
- 7Simmer the shiitake mushrooms in the coconut milk for five minutes.
- 8Stir in the lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar.
- 9Season to taste with curry powder.
- 10To serve, reheat shrimp in the soup, and ladle into serving bowls.
- 11Garnish with green onion and red pepper flakes.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.1
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 36.3 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 1707.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves