Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Winter is soup time, I adore Thai food, and my husband is a shrimp lover, so with the help of Ladies' Home Journal, I altered a couple things and came up with this mildly spicy dish which we both really enjoyed. Maybe you will too.
- 3 cups chicken broth (home-made preferably)
- 1 (14 ounce) canunsweetened light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste (more or less depending on your heat tolerance)
- 2 -3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 -3 green onions, thinly sliced
- lime wedge
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, combine chicken broth, coconut milk, curry paste, ginger, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer.
- Add green beans and cook 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink, (~5 minutes).
- Top soup with green onions and serve with sliced lime and crusty bread.
- A glass of dry white wine will really make it over the top:).