1/6 Photos of Thai Coconut Rice
Creamy coconut combined with a little bite from red pepper flakes and ginger, create a delicious rice dish to accompany a wide range of entrees.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice or 1 cup jasmine rice or 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- finely chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
- sliced almonds (optional)
- 1Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, excpet the crystalized ginger and sliced almonds.
- 2Stir well to combine.
- 3Cook over medium high heat, stirring until mixture comes to a low boil.
- 4Immediately reduce heat to low.
- 5Cover and cook for about 18 minutes.
- 6Fluff with a fork.
- 7The cover, and let sit for 5 more minutes.
- 8Garnish the finished rice with the candied ginger and the sliced almonds.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Coconut Rice
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.5
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 307.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g