1/1 Photo of Thai Coconut Rice
Very flavorful and slightly sweet rice. A great side for any tropical dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut coconut in half and reserve coconut water.
- 2Separate the coconut meat from the shell and use a vegetable peeler or pairing knife to cut away the thin brown skin.
- 3Grate the coconut on the coarse side of a grater.
- 4In a medium pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- 5Add grated coconut, turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- 6Strain off solids, and use the back of a spoon to press out any remaining moisture from the solids. Discard the solids and return the resulting coconut milk to the original pot.
- 7Add the reserved coconut water to the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- 8Add rice, ginger, lime leaves and lemongrass.
- 9Cover and cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until rice is fluffy.
- 10Discard ginger, lime leaves and lemongrass, and serve.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Coconut Rice
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.2
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves