Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Love spicy stuff!!! This is a really nice dish for your Thai dinner.
- 2 cups canned reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1⁄2 lb dried flat rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced white pepper
- 1⁄2 lb boneless pork, sliced very thin
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce or 2 tablespoons yellow bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- chopped peanuts
- toasted coconut
- lime wedge
- Place rice noodles in a bowl and cover with very hot water.
- Let stand 30 minutes to soften.
- Heat the wok over high heat and add 1 T of oil.
- Add tomato, paprika and cayenne.
- Cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add noodles and fry to coat well.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and saute the onion and pork for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, bean sauce, fish sauce and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring for 2 minutes, reduce heat to low and stir in noodles and bean sprouts.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with peanuts, green onions, toasted coconut, and lime wedges.