1/2 Photos of Thai Coconut-Mango Sticky Rice
Sass Smith's Note:
I was trying to match a dessert sold at a local Thai restaurant; this is pretty close, but not exact. The real thing uses glutinous rice, but since that is not available in most of the U.S., this can be a variation for people without it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rice: Cook rice according to package directions, but substitute coconut milk for half of the water, and add half the sugar.
- 2It should be fairly dry when you finish cooking it, without any liquid visible in the pot.
- 3Sauce: In a medium saucepan, boil the rest of the coconut milk with the second half of the sugar.
- 4Keep this at a full boil until the rice is cooked, or until it reaches a thick, syrupy consistency.
- 5Presentation: Arrange the cooked coconut rice in a bowl or plate with the mango slices in some kind of pretty formation and dribble a bit of the sauce over the whole thing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Coconut-Mango Sticky Rice
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.9
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 48.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g