Recipe by Accidental Chef
A spicy rich soup that becomes an addiction! This recipe is a modification found on a can of "Thai Kitchen" brand coconut milk. Ingredients can be found in the Asian section of most super markets. Coconut milk can be found near other canned milk.
Top Review by Zignus
Fantastic. Restaurant quality. I have to believe an error was made for the person who reported seperation. I have made it for guests more than once to rave reviews! For our tastes, we as much as double the chili paste and half the fish sauce.
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (not sweetened!)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 stalks lemongrass, cut in thirds and bruised
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can straw mushrooms, drained
- 12 ounces boneless chicken, cubed
- fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coconut milk, water, lemongrass, fish sauce, lime juice, ginger and sugar in a large pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add chile paste, stock, mushrooms and chicken, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove lemongrass and ginger before serving and garnish with cilantro.