Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a dish my daughter served for a side dish for Christmas. We had Thai/American food for our Christmas dinner. My step daughter and step son are Thai on their mother's side so we eat alot of Thai food. Only they have to cut down the spices for me. I just can't eat the spicy foods any more.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup canned baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 14 ounces firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2⁄3 cup light coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste (Thai or Indian-style)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour the oil into the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Cook the onion for 1 to 2 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Stir in the broccoli, carrots, corn, and tofu; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the broccoli and carrots are tender-crisp.
- Stir in the broth, coconut milk, evaporated milk, curry paste, and coconut extract.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Put the cornstarch in a cup.
- Add the water, stirring to dissolve.
- Pour into the skillet.
- Cook the mixture over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the lime zest and juice.
- Remove from the heat.