Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on the back of a noodle pack while wandering in the grocery store one day. We really enjoyed it, but added more veggies to make it a little healthier. It's a great weeknight meal, as quite quick to prepare.
- 350 g fresh egg noodles, flat
- 250 g ground pork
- 2 cups snow peas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 cup low-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Separate noodles in hot water, as per instructions on the packet. Drain & keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut mild on low heat and slowly stir in the curry paste. When it begins to simmer, add in the remaining ingredients, except for the port and snow peas. Stir for around 2 minutes then add the port and heat until the pork is cooked.
- Stir in the noodles and snow peas and serve.
I think it probably had to do with the brand of curry powder and/or paste that I used, but this was WAY too salty. Saltiness aside, I also was not a fan of the flavour as well. Disappointing recipe if you are used to authentic Asian dishes.
For the first time ever, my kids liked an asian dish. I was stunded! Usualy they don't care for anything oriental, but this time they emptied their plates. What more could I want? DH and I enjoyed this dish very much too. I did use regular frozen peas, but it tasted great. A keeper! Thanks for posting.
This was so yummy. I will be making this one again. I used hokken noodles and also green curry paste as thats what i had. I also added some corn.