Recipe by Heydarl
I found this recipe on the back of a noodle pack while wandering in the grocery store one day. We really enjoyed it, but added more veggies to make it a little healthier. It's a great weeknight meal, as quite quick to prepare.
Top Review by jerinorman
Deliscious! Loved the recipe. Right on. I had only one can of coconut milk in house so I used a bit of coconut organic oil and substituted asparagus, snow peas and mushrooms for broccoli and it was PERFECT! Just the right bite to it. Not too spicy and definitely not too salty. Would use more rice noodles (vermicelli) next time. Will make for company. Yum!
- 350 g fresh egg noodles, flat
- 250 g ground pork
- 2 cups snow peas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 cup low-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate noodles in hot water, as per instructions on the packet. Drain & keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut mild on low heat and slowly stir in the curry paste. When it begins to simmer, add in the remaining ingredients, except for the port and snow peas. Stir for around 2 minutes then add the port and heat until the pork is cooked.
- Stir in the noodles and snow peas and serve.