Recipe by sdowswell
This isn't a recipe so much as it is a formula. You can swap out the protein and vegetables for whatever you feel like, trade out the red paste for green, and serve over rice or noodles as suits your fancy. For purposes of demonstration, I've used tofu and a few vegetables that are currently in season.
- 175 g extra firm tofu, cubed and patted dry (1/2 brick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 bunch coriander, stems and leaves chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (or to taste)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1 (16 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add tofu and toss to sear. Once lightly browned, remove the tofu and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add onion and saute until softened. Add ginger and saute a further minute, following with garlic and 1/2 of the cilantro (I normally use the stems at this point, reserving the leaves for the end).
- Add curry paste and stir. Return tofu and add vegetables. Stir to coat.
- Add coconut milk and stock/water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer everything for 10-15 mins, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and season with lime juice and fish sauce. Add reserved cilantro and serve with lime wedges over rice or noodles.