Recipe by Mindelicious
This recipe is super quick to throw together but tastes like you spent hours!! Love all these flavors together! If you like spicy use more curry paste - if you don't then skip it. From: Vegan Express: Featuring 160 Recipes for Quick, Delicious, and Healthy Meals, by Nava Atlas.
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 -5 scallions, white and green parts seperated, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 2 (15 ounce) cans light coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice milk
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons good quality curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Thai red curry paste (to taste)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup minced cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a small soup pot. Add the garlic, the white parts of the scallions, and the bell pepper. Sauté over medium-low heat until softened and golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- If using the curry paste, add it to the sauteed veggies and heat it for a minute or two to release the flavors. Add the coconut milk, rice milk, corn, curry powder, and the green parts of the scallions.
- Bring to a rapid simmer, then lower the heat. Cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Season with salt and remove from the heat.
- Top each serving with a bit of cilantro, enjoy!