Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is super quick to throw together but tastes like you spent hours!! Love all these flavors together! If you like spicy use more curry paste - if you don't then skip it. From: Vegan Express: Featuring 160 Recipes for Quick, Delicious, and Healthy Meals, by Nava Atlas.
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 -5 scallions, white and green parts seperated, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 2 (15 ounce) cans light coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice milk
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons good quality curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Thai red curry paste (to taste)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup minced cilantro
- Heat the oil in a small soup pot. Add the garlic, the white parts of the scallions, and the bell pepper. Sauté over medium-low heat until softened and golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- If using the curry paste, add it to the sauteed veggies and heat it for a minute or two to release the flavors. Add the coconut milk, rice milk, corn, curry powder, and the green parts of the scallions.
- Bring to a rapid simmer, then lower the heat. Cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Season with salt and remove from the heat.
- Top each serving with a bit of cilantro, enjoy!