Recipe by Lyndburger
A quick one dish meal served family style. Change up the veggies listed here to whatever you have already or for what's in season near you!
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Thai seasoning
- 1 red pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons dried coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash rice by rinsing with water until it runs clear. Drain and add measured water and salt. Cook according to the directions specific for your rice. (Mine says to bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.).
- Oil and heat frying pan on medium heat.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Rub generously with Thai seasoning. Place in hot pan. Flip your chicken when it's golden.
- Wash and chop carrots. Add them to the pan.
- Wash and chop the pepper. Add it to the pan. Season your veggies if you like.
- Cook until chicken is ready. If you're practiced the chicken will be ready to come out of the pan right after the rice is finished.
- Plate rice onto a platter with edges and top with chicken. This lets the chicken rest before serving.
- Poor coconut cream into the pan with the veggies. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes stirring to get the good flavours off the bottom of the pan. Serve veggies & sauce over the chicken & rice.
- Squeeze half a lime over the paltter. Garnish with remaining lime and coconut.