Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This traditional and simple Thai dessert is good for everyone especially people who like coconut. It is a coconut-based dessert and easy to cook. Try it and you will love it.
- 2 cups glutinous-rice flour, 2 cups
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour, 1/2 cup
- 1 -2 cup sugar, 1-2 cups
- pandan extract (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup warm water, 1/2 cup
- 2 cups brown sugar, 2 cups
- 2 cups shredded coconut, 2 cups
- First mix glutinous-rice, rice flour and white sugar together and gradually add warm water until the mixture starts making a dough.
- Keep mixing the dough and add some pandan extract until the color is homogeneous. Leave the dough at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Then make a stuffing by melting brown sugar in the sauce pan and add 1 cup of coconut.
- Lower the heat and keep stirring the mixture until the mixture start to be sticky. let it cool down or put in the fridge.
- Make a small ball of coconut stuffing about hazel nut size.
- Cover the stuffing with dough.
- Boil water in the pot until it boils.
- Put the prepared coconut balls into the water and boil until they float.
- Take them out of the boiling water and rest on the sieve to remove excess water.
- Put the boiled coconut ball into a cup of shredded coconut to coat the ball.
- Serve them warm.