Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Thai salad is really special because of the mix of avacado and ginger. You can use chicken, beef, or pork for this one. I like the pork the best though.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cups mixed salad greens, torn
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked pork, coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely snipped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup honey roasted peanuts
- Half the avocado, seed it and peel it, then cut it into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl combine salad dressing, soy sauce, fresh ginger, and crushed red pepper.
- Add Salad greens and toss lightly.
- Divide greens among 4 plates and top with meat, avocado, carrots, cilantro, green onions, and peanuts.
Yummy! This was a super recipe for my leftover barbequed ribs. I also added 1/4 cup of coconut flakes with the peanuts,to good effect. In the dressing I subbed 1/2 teaspoon dried powdered ginger in place of the fresh grated ginger and 1/8 tsp of red cayenne pepper for the pepper flakes.
Colorful & easy to make for a quick lunch. I liked all of the salad toppings, but next time will add seasonings of some kind to the pork. Maybe marinate in the dressing? I wasn't overly awed with the italian dressing, but did like the additions of soy, fresh ginger & red pepper flakes. I will make the salad again. Thank you for sharing the recipe & the inspiration to turn a plain salad into something pretty.
This is a very tasty salad. I was looking for something quick, easy and flavorful and this fits all the criteria. I was skeptical about the Italian salad dressing, but didn't change a thing and it was so good. I will certainly make this salad again. Thanks Chef.