Recipe by celestial_star03
This Thai salad is really special because of the mix of avacado and ginger. You can use chicken, beef, or pork for this one. I like the pork the best though.
Top Review by ctrmom
Yummy! This was a super recipe for my leftover barbequed ribs. I also added 1/4 cup of coconut flakes with the peanuts,to good effect. In the dressing I subbed 1/2 teaspoon dried powdered ginger in place of the fresh grated ginger and 1/8 tsp of red cayenne pepper for the pepper flakes.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cups mixed salad greens, torn
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked pork, coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely snipped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup honey roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Half the avocado, seed it and peel it, then cut it into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl combine salad dressing, soy sauce, fresh ginger, and crushed red pepper.
- Add Salad greens and toss lightly.
- Divide greens among 4 plates and top with meat, avocado, carrots, cilantro, green onions, and peanuts.