1/2 Photos of Thai Clear Noodle Salad (Yum Woon Sen)
I made this recipe in a Thai noodle cooking class. It tasted so good and fresh, and was very easy. Great for a summer evening when you want something that's filling and delicious, but not served hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages mung bean noodles (bean thread noodles)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey (or ground pork, thinly sliced cooked pork, cooked shrimp, or shredded cooked chicken, your choice)
- 2 large carrots, cut match stick style (about 1 cup)
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, torn
- 1/4 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1Soak mung bean noodles in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain and cut into short lengths and place in a bowl. Pour hot water over the noodles and soak for another 5 minutes. Drain in a colander, and rinse with cold water to separate the noodles. Let stand in the colander until ready to use.
- 2Cook ground turkey with a little water over medium heat. When brown, drain any excess water, and place in a large mixing bowl. Let cool 5 minutes.
- 3Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and taste for proper balance of sweet/sour/salty/spicy. Adjust if necessary. Pour dressing over cooked ground turkey and toss lightly.
- 4Add noodles and stir until well mixed. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- 5Add carrot, celery, shallot, green onion, cilantro, and 1/2 cup of peanuts. Toss well.
- 6Divide lettuce and cabbage on serving plates. Place noodle mixture on top, and sprinkle with remaining peanut, and chili flakes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Clear Noodle Salad (Yum Woon Sen)
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.4
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 2080.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 35.1 g