Recipe by - Carla -
This is a healthy and delicious summer salad. Great for lunch while sitting out in the garden with a a nice cold glass of white wine. :)
Top Review by Spicy Gal
Lovely. I've made this twice now, and will certainly make it many more times. :-) Once I did not have the bean sprouts, so I substituted cucumber and celery for them. This is so light and healthy. Thanks!
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced into 1 inch segments
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- chopped fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, orange juice, lime juice, and brown sugar together.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper and taste for seasoning.
- Refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavors to infuse.
- Combine the Chinese Cabbage, bean sprouts, sliced red onion and orange segments. (I like to drop everything in a large zip-lock bag).
- Toss with half of the dressing. (Again, if you use a zip-lock bag you can easily pour in half of the dressing, seal and fumble to mix dressing in with salad; place in the refrigerator until ready to use.).
- Add the sliced chicken to a frying pan and brown lightly with a small amount of olive oil.
- Add the remainder of the citrus dressing; bring to a boil; reduce for 30 seconds to allow mixture to thicken slightly.
- Place Chinese cabbage mixture on two dinner plates.
- Arrange sliced chicken on top and pour over the remaining sauce.
- Top with freshly chopped cilantro.