Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Needs to marinate over night. I love cilantro so this sounds good to me!
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole chicken legs (2 lbs)
- Combine buttermilk, coconut, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper in electric blender.
- Whirl at high speed until pureed.
- Pour into heavy-plastic food-storage bag.
- Loosen skin on chicken legs.
- Pull back from meat, leaving attached.
- Add the chicken legs to bag, squishing to coat with the marinade.
- Push out all the air; seal and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove chicken from bag.
- Pull skin back over meat.
- Grill or broil 6 inches from heat for 45 to 50 minutes or until no longer pink near bone, turning legs over halfway through cooking.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Oh so good! I wouldn't change a thing. This chicken had a great balance of flavors and aromas which is what Thai cuisine is all about. I do wonder what what it might taste like if you replaced the buttermilk for coconut milk and added some lemon grass.