Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is your basic Thai curry paste, and it may be frozen, thawed and re-frozen again at least a few times until used. There is no salt in this curry paste, as the shrimp paste is salty enough. I searched for this recipe so I can make a soup here on 'zaar that looks really yum.
- 1 cup water
- 6 whole dried hot chili peppers
- 1 inch cube fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 sticks fresh lemongrass, finely sliced
- 125 g shallots (1/2lb) or 125 g onions, peeled & roughly chopped (1/2lb)
- 10 large garlic cloves, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- Put water in a bowl.
- Crumble the dried chilis into it and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Then put them and the water into a blender, and add the other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.