Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Oh. my. goodness. I was somewhat skeptical, thinking this might be weird, but the spicy chocolate sweetness is SO delicious. Yum. Just, yum. This is from The Vegan Scoop. Cooking time is cooking and chilling time. ***NOTE: Nutrition Facts listed are inaccurate!! Food.com wouldn't take "soy creamer" as a valid ingredient, so the listed facts are for dairy cream--much higher in fat.
- 3 medium chili peppers, chopped (Choose variety based on how spicy you want your ice cream!)
- 1 cup almond milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot, powder
- 2 cups cream (as in soy creamer)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup soy milk with arrowroot powder and set aside.
- Process chilis in blender until smooth.
- Mix soy creamer, blended chilis, remaining soy milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Stir frequently until chocolate chips are melted, then bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, remove from heat and immediately add arrowroot cream; mixture will noticeably thicken.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker's instructions.